**SOLD OUT** Peer City Trip – AUSTIN, TX
Join us for ULI Oklahoma’s Peer City Trip as we head south to AUSTIN, TEXAS. Previously exploring Ft. Worth, Kansas City, San Antonio, & Northwest Arkansas, our peer city trips are an opportunity to see firsthand how other communities are handling important land use and development issues.
THURSDAY, MAY 10th
- Depart OKC @ 9:30am – Arrive in Austin 4:30pm
- Check-in @ Aloft Hotel Downtown Austin
- Austin “Yesterday/Today/Tomorrow” Welcome Presentation
FRIDAY, MAY 11th
- Austin Metro Rail & The Domain – Hop aboard! We’re taking the rail and talking transit. We plan to ride the rail out to The Domain, a high-density office, retail, and residential center in the high-tech corridor of northwest Austin. Over brunch, we’ll discuss transit in Austin, and the city’s efforts to solve the region’s transportation gridlock. https://www.capmetro.org/jointhemovement
- Downtown 2nd Street Walking Tour – Once returning downtown, we’ll stretch our legs with a guided walking tour of the redeveloped 2nd http://www.2ndstreetdistrict.com/
- Seaholm District – The Seaholm project is a long-awaited opportunity for the restoration and adaptive re-use of the distinctive Art Deco power plant. Overlooking Lady Bird Lake, we’ll hear about how this project is creating a leading example of both urban mixed-use and green development in downtown Austin. http://www.austintexas.gov/department/seaholm-district
- Capital City Innovation District – Connecting communities, businesses, and health care providers and systems, Austin’s budding Innovation District is just forming. As we wrap up our day, we’ll meet the innovators who are working to create a healthier community in this district. https://www.capitalcityinnovation.org/
SATURDAY, MAY 12th
- Urban Infill Bus Tour – For our final morning, we’ll hop on the bus to hit several small/medium-sized developments outside of downtown Austin. The guided tour will discuss how accessory dwelling units (ADUs) and affordable housing has been incorporated throughout each development.
- Mueller Airport Development – Hitting this master-planned community on the road back to OKC, participants will hear from the developer of Mueller and tour the sustainable, transit-oriented development. http://www.muelleraustin.com/
- Depart Austin @ noon – Arrive in OKC 7pm
**SOLD OUT** To be added to the waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost BEFORE March 16th:
Additional Occupant: $350 … If you’re willing to share a room, coordinate with another guest and register together. Once the primary person has registered and paid the fee ($850 for Member + Guest / $1,015 for Non-Member + Guest) please email email@example.com to provide the name of the 2nd registrant.
Cost AFTER March 16th:
Additional Occupant: $350 … If you’re willing to share a room, coordinate with another guest and register together. Once the primary person has registered and paid the fee ($950 for Member + Guest / $1,150 for Non-Member + Guest) please email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide the name of the 2nd registrant.
• Bus to and from Austin
• Lodging Thursday & Friday night
• Lunch & Dinner Thursday
• Breakfast & Lunch Friday
• Breakfast & Lunch Saturday
50% refund until March 30th … No refunds after March 30th
Problems registering? Please call Customer Support 1-800-321-5011 – Reference event 8122-1831
Thank you to our generous presenting sponsor: